Why Healthstar Consulting?
What to look for when selecting a consultant to manage your organization’s self-funded plan, and how we believe HealthStar Consulting measures up with these criteria follows:
- Has an advisory team whose members each possess at least 15 years of experience each in the following areas: medical claims processing and payment; pharmacy plan design; payment and processing; medical plan design; HIPAA, ACA, and ERISA law; reinsurance purchasing; Medical management review.
- Can clearly articulate its philosophy and strategy to reduce and stabilize medical benefit costs, while maintaining a valuable benefit plan.
- Recognized /credentialed by the national Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) as part of an elite group uniquely qualified to assist clients with self-funding needs.
- Has managed a least 75 self-funded cases.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of how each of the components of a self-funded plan are interrelated andthe flow of data/information among them. This only comes through years of experience in the business.
- Has at least 15 years of experience working with stop-loss carriers & TPAs.
- Self-funding is its primary line of business? At least 80% of revenue is derived from self-funding. Has long-standing relationships with the vendors it recommends (TPA/PBM/PPO/Stop-Loss/Utilization Management).
- Can offer references of clients who have been selffunded at least five years with positive cost and customer service results.
Founder of Healthstar Consulting, Lon Bernstein has 19 years of experience educating employers about the benefits of self-funding medical benefit plans. Today, Lon’s team manages over 150 medical plans for employers located in MO, IL, KS, and CO. Lon earned Master of Health Administration and Master of Business Administration degrees from St. Louis University and the Olin School of Business at Washington University, St. Louis, MO, respectively.